In what is a testing time for our community the need of services like plumbing cannot cease. We understand that with more and more of the population spending time in the comfort of their home there will be an increase in residential plumbing emergencies.
Here at McCarthy Plumbing Group it is business as usual and we will still be offering our excellent service to residential homes with our talented plumbers operating under strict health and safety measures to keep our team and clients safe.
Some of these measures include:
– Compulsory, frequent and thorough hand washing with soap.
– Hand sanitiser at each of our office team’s desks.
– Spraying tools, door handles and steering wheels with anti-bacterial commercial grade cleaning spray frequently.
– Staff have been stocked up with anti-bacterial hand sanitiser and wipes.
– If a team member is unwell or showing any cold or flu like systems they must stay home.
– Staff members have been offered the option to discontinue work or take leave if they feel inclined to do so.
– Daily updates are being distributed to all McCarthy Plumbing Group team members with our Novel Coronavirus Policy including leaflets on reducing the community’s risk.
– Ensuring our team on the jobs and their families have not travelled overseas in the past 14 days.
– Team meetings and gatherings of staff members have been suspended until further notice to ensure we have as much capacity as possible to continue providing essential services in the case of an entire National shut down.
Robust health and safety PPE packs including disposable gloves, faceshields, coveralls and masks have also been distributed to plumbers in the situation where our clients feel uncomfortable with someone unknown coming into their home/business premises during these unique circumstances that we are in. We ask that our clients inform us prior if this is something they wish for us to implement upon arrival.
Our Client Relationship Manager has also requested that our clients play their part upon job bookings by:
-Ensuring the client/tenant at the job hasn’t been confirmed to have COVID-19 or come into contact with someone who has the virus or been overseas and is currently awaiting test results and is feeling ill.
– Avoid contact with plumbers and refrain from shaking hands with them, a safe distance of 1.5 metres distance between client and plumber is requested to avoid any risk.
A copy of our most current Novel Coronavirus Policy is also available to anyone upon request, these will be emailed out as soon as possible and we will continue to take advice from the WHO, Victorian Government, Worksafe, Fairwork and the Master Plumbers Association about the best steps going forward.
The team at McCarthy Plumbing Group look forward to continuing to provide our plumbing services to you during this difficult period.You can ensure we are going above and beyond in our efforts to keep both our plumbers and our clients safe and healthy.
McCarthy Plumbing Group provides plumbing services and renovations throughout Western Melbourne including Point Cook, Hoppers Crossing, Altona, Altona Meadows, Werribee, Williams Landing, Truganina & Tarneit.You can call us anytime on 03 9931 0905 for all your plumbing needs from blocked drains to bathroom renovations, hot water systems, gas fitting and more.